Choosing to move to a retirement community should be a happy stress free experience, but often it brings up anxiety for seniors and their families in keeping treasured belongings and peace of mind when creating a new perfect space for senior living at its best.
Having a third party, like me, a professional organizer handle the heavy lifting and guide you through the emotions and sorting through a lifetime can be a real gift to everyone involved. It is one of the most rewarding experiences in what I do and truly love my work and relationships with my senior clients and families.
Here are some tips for downsizing, simplifying and organizing in preparation for retirement living:
- Enlist the help of family, friends or professional services.
- Start thinking about what to sell, consign, discard, donate or give to family members.
- Decide what things you must keep and want to keep and how they will fit in your new space.
- Stop shopping or collecting new items unless it is for your new space.
- Keep it simple and start small, with one room, closet or cupboard at a time.
- Arrange your space with safety in mind and list things you must have help for.
- Start to ask for referrals for movers, organizers and communities that will work for you.
This is just a few things I have learned in helping seniors downsize and somehow I have a talent for making it smooth and even fun and stress free as it should be.
Check out the special place in my heart for seniors and the services that can best help them make this transition by CLICKING HERE or you can always contact me in person at (949)521-1632.
Live Happy & Clutter Free,